What Items can I bring?
Clothing and personal items are limited to:
This count is including what you are wearing when you come in
- 10 tops-(this is counting shirts, under shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, & hoodies)
- 10 bottoms-(this is counting jeans, slacks, shorts & skirts)
- 10 pair of socks
- 10 bras
- 10 underwear
- 1 jacket - thin
- 1 coat - thick
- 2 pair pajamas
- 5 pairs of shoes
- 7 Towels and 7 washcloths
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Comforter
- 2 set twin sheets w/pillowcase
- 1 Throw Blanket (optional)
- Personal hygiene products (tampons, kotex, etc.)
- Toiletries – 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 body wash or 2 bars soap (no glass containers), 1 deodorant, 1 toothbrush, 1 tube toothpaste, 1 roll dental floss, 1 package of disposable shavers, 1 shaving crème, 1 cosmetic bag with appropriate amount of cosmetics, 1 non-aerosol hairspray, 1 non-alcohol mouthwash (No finger nail polish or remover will be allowed)
- Money –for the vending/soda machine
- Postage stamps & envelopes
- 1 Laundry detergent, 1 bleach, 1 fabric softener/dryer sheets, laundry basket
- Plastic hangers
- 3 inch 3 ring binder, notebook paper
- Prepaid calling card
- Electronic Items – 1 hairdryer, 1 curling iron/brush/rollers, and 1 electric razor – all need to be inspected for proper working condition before use on the unit.
- Personal photos are allowed to be taped to each private bulletin board located in rooms (no frames)
- 1 book light or desk lamp
- NA/AA books
- Alarm Clock-No radio
- CD players with headphones
- Mp3 players iPods-basic units only. No touch models or models that have a camera or allow recording. These devices cannot have internet functionality.
Please make sure if you have prescription medication you have a least a 30 to 60 day supply. Prescription meds must have RX label on them in your name. Inhalers must also be in RX box with label from pharmacy.
You must bring doctors note if on any type of restriction.
The Following over the counter medications are approved. They may be brought with you as long as they are sealed and unopened:
Anti-Diarrheal Tablets – 2 mg
Muscle Rub Cream
Naproxen Sodium (Aleve)
Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief
Non-Drowsy Cough Syrup
Pepto-Bismol Stomach Relief
Saline Nose Drops
Stool Softener - 100 mg
Triple Antibiotic Ointment
Tylenol (acetaminophen) – 500 mg
(MONARCH reserves the right to edit, update, and/or limit consumer use/abuse of any OTC)
We require that someone bring you to our facility and stay with you until you have been admitted into our program (this process usually takes 60-90minutes). No personal vehicles are allowed to be housed on our property during your stay.
Any items in excess will be sent back home with family/significant others. Any illegal substance, including tobacco products, matches, and lighters will be disposed of in a safe manner. No suitcases allowed please bring your items in a Rubbermaid tote or plastic bags.